Tuesday 11 October 2016

Feedback for News Corp PP

Here is my News Corp Presentation
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9Oq2QuGbYq-RXdKZGxTTVk0TGs

Feedback- Mr Halsey 
  • Nice starter activity- engages everyone and delivered with some humour.
  • Initial focus on Murdoch is important, and its great to see the reaction from the class responding to Murdoch's power. 
  • I think you could have made a lot more of the phone hacking scandal- that was arguably the biggest story in journalism of the last 10 years.
  • Structure of presentation is good- and the slides are images rather than text heavy exactly as requested. 
  • I think you could have made a lot more of the scandal that has engulfed News Corp in recent years- even up to the Fake Sheikh story of the last 24 hours
  • You could also have made more of power and ownership issues/ synergy. 
Self Evaluation

  • I thought my starter activity was good as it showed which companies/brands belonged to News Corp and 21st Century Fox. 
  • I mentioned the brief history of News Corp e.g the split and the phone hacking scandal
  • However I could have elaborated on this and mention recent scandals e.g the Fake Sheikh story
  • I could have talked more about synergy and ownership issues 
  • I could have included a plenary to make sure the class learned something from my presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment