Sunday 25 September 2016

Media consumption audit

Newspapers
  • Which daily newspapers (if any) do you read? I sometimes read The Guardian and Metro.
  • What sections of newspapers do you turn to first, and why? I usually read the main news stories first because they keep me updated on what's going on in the world. They are also the most interesting. 
  • What sections do you never read, and why? I don't read the celebrity news stories as they are usually exaggerated.
  • What kinds of stories do you usually read and why? I read stories on crimes and other acts of violence , so that I am aware of whats going on. 
  • Do you, or someone else, buy the newspaper you read? Yes. 
  • Do you look at the online versions of any newspapers? Which newspapers? Why do you visit their website and not others? No

Magazines
  • What magazines (if any) do you buy regularly?  Why? I don't buy magazines.
  • What sections of the magazines do you read and not read, and why?

Television

  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend watching television? I watch approximately 4-5 hours of TV a day. 
  • What times of day do you usually watch television? In the morning during breakfast, in the afternoon and during dinner. 
  • What programmes do you like best and why? I like watching a lot of TV shows, for example ''Impractical Jokers'' and ''Modern Family''. I also like to watch documentaries about artists on the Sky Arts Channel. 
  • Do you watch alone or with others? If you watch with others, who decides what you will watch? I watch TV with my brother, and he usually decides what we watch. 
  • Do you watch 'live' TV or on-demand/catch-up? Do you use any other devices to watch TV (such as laptop of tablet?) Yes I use my laptop or my Ipad to catch up on TV shows I missed, usually on BBC IPlayer.

Radio
  • Do you listen to the radio? Yes.
  • If yes, what stations do you like best and why? I usually listen to Capital FM or KISS.
  • Approximately how many hours a week do you spend listening to the radio? 4-5 hours 
  • What times of the day do you usually listen to the radio? In the morning. 
  • Where do you listen to the radio? Usually in the car or in the living room. 
  • What other activities (if any) do you do whilst listening to the radio? I sometimes do my art homework while listening to the radio. 

Cinema
  • What films have you seen in the cinema in the last month? I've watched Suicide Squad 
  • What films have you seen in other places – for example, through rental, satellite film channels (free or otherwise) or through video-on-demand? 
  • Who else watched the films with you? My friends.
  • Who decided what films to watch? We all decide as a group based on what everyone wants to watch. 
  • What devices do you typically use to watch films: TV, laptop, tablet, phone etc.? I usually use my phone and laptop to watch films. I also watch films on TV through my laptop.

Online
  • How often do you access the internet? Approximately, 6-7 hours a day. 
  • Where do you access the internet?  At home, at college or school, or at work? At home
  • What are the main sites that you access? I usually go on YouTube or on the websites of popular shops e.g Nike,H&M or ASOS. 
  • What are the main reasons for accessing these sites – for example, for information, to make purchases, communicate with friends or for entertainment? I usually go on YouTube for entertainment and information. I go on the other websites to do online shopping. 
  • What other activities (if any) do you do whilst accessing the internet? I usually use the internet whilst doing my work as I need it to research certain things.  
  • What different devices do you use to access the internet? What is your primary device for accessing the internet? My phone.
  • What social networks do you use regularly (e.g. Twitter, Instagram)? Why do you belong to these networks in particular? Instagram- to find out whats going on and also find out about places and events that are occurring.  

Reflection
  • How can you develop the amount and variety of media you consume? I could use other sources of media e.g magazines, and listen to the radio more. 
  • What will you change in your media consumption habits this year as a result of studying A Level Media? I will explore a wide range of media to give me a better understanding of how it differs from each source.
  • List three sources of media (websites/newspapers/apps/TV programmes etc.) that you will start to access this year that you haven't engaged with previously. Newspapers, websites and magazines.

No comments:

Post a Comment